Welcome to week seven of lockdown and the fifth week of online learning. Well done everyone for your stamina, patience and support, both for us as a school and for your children’s learning.
By the end of this week, our government should have laid out their plans for a careful transition out of the stringent rules for lock down; let’s hope they give us something positive we can all work towards in our personal and work lives and also something positive we can work towards as a school and a transition to classroom teaching and community learning.
Just to remind you that it is a four day week because of the VE day Bank Holiday. We have asked staff to adjust their workloads accordingly.
Can we remind you of our central hub where parents can go for all relevant information and resources, it can be found on the school website under the parent zone tab.
This is what needs to be done as part of our usual work pattern remains from last week:
- Work will be posted each day either by Padlet or Google Classroom.
- We would encourage you to make a family timetable for the week. We have asked staff to reduce their workload in response to feedback that some students had been over faced with work. Also your timetable should include slots for rest and play as well as work.
- Students in Year 3 and 4 will be invited to trial an online class for some of their lessons thisweek. Meet links will be in student’s Classroom Streams.
- Teachers are available 9:00am to 3:30 each day and will respond to comments posted on their google classroom lessons, and parent emails.
- Please note that teachers will not be available exclusively all day 9:00am – 3:30 for the five days of the working week. Some teachers are part time and this will be reflected in the times that they make themselvesavailable. Others are on the rota for the small classes we are still running, so will be involved teaching face to face.
- Teachers can receive emails after 3:30pm but will not reply to comments and questions until the next day unless an answer is vitallynecessary.
Please note that Mr McGrail is available to parents and students if you have any problems and queries concerning online working. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teachers will drop you a line or arrange for a phone conversation with you as parents, if our data shows that there have been problems or gaps in your child completing work. If your family would like to chat to teachers, they are making themselves available to do so