Memo for parents Middle and Upper School students
Welcome to a new week. We have made some changes which we hope will help.
We have created a central hub where you, as parents, can go for all relevant
information and resources, including a list of all that we have communicated to you
during lockdown. It can be found on the school website under the parent zone
We have also created a simple central hub for students where they can find a
summary of all the work they have for the week, including a timetable for googlemeet
online lessons. Though it is only visable to students, please feel free to have a look on their devices and give feedback.
I will also be sending out a survey for you to fill in each week. It will come out on
Friday evening and we would ask that you complete it sometime over the weekend.
It will give us feedback on how the week has gone for you and your children with
their learning at home.
This is what remains from last week:
● Work will be posted on line at 9:00am Monday morning, and will be due in
by Friday 3:30pm.
● We suggest that you have a ‘tutorial’ with your child/children some time on
Monday so that you, as a parent, have an idea of the work they need to
complete for the week. You can now find this information on their new
learning hub .
● We have also asked staff to follow a similar format in setting up their
classroom lesson so that students know what part of the document is
information, what is instruction and where they put their answers.
● We would encourage you to make a family timetable for the week. We have
asked staff to reduce their workload for each of their classes in response to
feedback that some students had been over faced with work. Also your
timetable should include slots for rest and play as well as work.
● Students will be invited to an online class for some of their lessons this week.
There will be either 3 or 4 online lessons to attend. The number has not
increased from last week. Meet links will be in student’s Classroom Streams.
● Teachers are available 9:00am to 3:30 each day and will respond to
comments posted on their google classroom lessons.
● Please note that teachers will not be available exclusively all day 9:00am –
3:30 for the five days of the working week. Some teachers are part time and
this will be reflected in the times that they make themselves available.
● Teachers can receive emails after 3:30pm but will not reply to comments and
questions until the next day unless an answer is vitally necessary.
Please note that Mr McGrail is available to parents and students if you have
any problems and queries concerning online working. firstname.lastname@example.org
● I will post a google form survey on how the week has gone for students and
we will use this information to refine our provision. I will post the survey
Thursday morning to be completed by 3:30 on Thursday.
● We will also hold an assembly once a week for the two departments.
Wednesday at 9:00am for Middle school students and 2:25 pm on Friday for
Upper school students.
● Mr Prothero (regarding Upper school students) and myself (for Middle school
students) will also drop you a line or arrange for a phone conversation with
you as parents, if our data shows that there have been problems or gaps in
your child completing work.
Our aim is to be clear and consistent across subjects and teachers where possible
but also to refine our provision as we continue to move forwards in working with you
and your children.