The Week Ahead – Week commencing 31st October
Quick Stop Notices
- On 4th November we provide a bonfire, hotdogs and snacks, bring money, children and your own sparklers. This year we are not having fireworks as it isn’t on the actual day, and we want to maintain good relations with our neighbours.
- Primary – Please make sure you send your child to school with a coat. The weather is changing and becoming more unpredictable. Children need a warm and waterproof coat for Autumn/winter. We will be outside in all weathers unless it is torrential, so please make sure you child has a coat to come to school with.
- Parents Meetings this year – Parent meeting – during the week beginning 7th November, traditional parent teacher meeting to discuss target grades and progress. Monday to Thursday, 3:30 – 4:30pm. Bookings will be made online and the link to this and instructions will be sent out next week.
- Middle and Upper School – Parent Meeting 1 – Week beginning 7 November. Following the Autumn 1 Progress Check we will have a traditional parent meeting giving you chance to meet with your child’s teachers to discuss progress. This will take place on either 3.30 – 5.30 on Tuesday and 7.00 – 9.00 on Thursday, whichever works best for you.
- No Middle School lunch clubs until w/c 7th November (Ukelele and Netball)
- School Lunches can be ordered before 9am on a Monday for the week.
- This half term, huge thanks to Mrs Pickles and Mrs Thomson for picking up so much of Mrs Moffatt’s workload during her illness. And thanks to Mrs Garratt for running the autism provision whilst Mrs Horton has been poorly
Prayer for staff in school
We have a large number of people who are really poorly right now, and their families would appreciate your prayers.
Mrs Horton and Mr McGrail are working from home with some health issues
Please pray for those who are poorly, and those who pick up the pieces for them whilst they are absent.
When we return after Half Term…
Y10 Work Experience all week
|Bonfire, sparklers and bonfire snacks after school. We are not having fireworks this year but this will be an opportunity to enjoy being in community
Dates for your Diary
|w/c 7th November
|Parents evenings traditional style w/b 7th November
|Wednesday 30th November
|PD day for Staff. School closed to pupils
Lunches not available W/C 24-11-22
Book lunches for W/C 31st Nov any time from Friday 28th Oct – mis.bradfordchristianschool.com
Stars and Students of the Week
Primary School Stars of the Week
|Thandiwe for a great Shakespearian sense of humour.
Joshua for good work on his handwriting.
A Message from our Deputy Head
Our missionTo provide a holistic Christian education for all and to inspire discipleship.
Our VisionTo be a Christian community in which everyone grows in character, faith, knowledge, understanding and wisdom.
Gill Moffatt, our school secretary and bursar, died peacefully at Manorlands Hospice on Wednesday 20th October following a long battle with cancer.
Gill has been involved at BCS, as a parent and member of staff since the very early days of the school in the 1990s.
During that time she has been a hard working and highly efficient colleague who has displayed considerable skills in managing the school’s finances alongside her many other roles.
Gill has also been a kind, caring and faithful friend to many of us at BCS. As someone who has worked closely with her for many years I have always been able to rely on her sound judgement and common sense.
Gill has been a very compassionate person who invariably championed the underdog. She was very committed to the mission and vision of the school which both of her children attended.
Gill will be greatly missed by her family, friends and colleagues but we can rejoice in the knowledge that her race is run, her sufferings are over and she is with Christ which is ‘far better’.