The Week Ahead
Quick Stop Notices
- School Lunches can be ordered before 9am on a Monday for the week.
- The Middle School lunchtime Art Class is now on Wednesday (not Monday)
- Vacancies for children. A number of our year groups are currently full, but we do have space in our current Reception, Year 1, Year 2, and Year 6. Please let your friends know if they are thinking of moving their children from other schools.
- Staff vacancies – please see the website – we need a cleaner and 2 LSAs
- Rainy Days – There have been a lot of rainy days recently. If it is too wet to be in the playground please do not send children into school before 8:45. Also please make sure children have a waterproof coat, as we try to get out for some of the breaks. Our staff have a lot of morning meetings, often in the hall, and there is no adult supervision before 8:45am. Those arriving by train can wait in school, but if you arrive by car please wait with your children. Even when it is dry, staff are not available before 8:45
- Please log on to the BCS Parent Portal to read and accept the school’s Acceptable Use Policy for this year. Make sure you’re logging into version 1.146.
|Middle School lunch club – Art Class
|Middle School lunch club – Table Tennis
Dates for your Diary
Thursday 19th January @ 9-9.30 – Parents Prayers in the Staff room.
Wednesday 25th January – Y5/6 and Y9/10 Art Students to visit the Lowry Art Gallery.
Friday 10th February – is a normal school teaching day, not a training day as advertised. Our next training day is Thursday March 23rd.
Please order lunches before 9am on Monday
Latest version v1.146 – Parent Portal help
Stars and Students of the Week
Primary School Stars of the Week
|George for amazing number work and writing his own name.
Rory for listening to instructions in PE and playing duck duck goose.
|Imani for fantastic independent work in Science.
|Charlie for having a super week and working with different adults.
|Chloe and Thandi for fantastic descriptive poetry, for great ideas and powerful adjectives.
Middle School Students of the Week
|Semmy (Y5) for an excellent attitude and engagement in art.
|Krystal (Y5) for a fabulous result across all skills in her Spanish assessment.
|Noah (Y6) for a fabulous result across all skills in his Spanish assessment.
|Hailey (Y7) for helpfulness to her PE Teacher all through the Autumn Term.
|Joy (Y7) for helpfulness to her PE Teacher all through the Autumn Term.
Upper School Students of the Week
|Sara (Y9) for an excellent result in her Spanish oral.
|Tyrese (Y9) for intelligent verbal contributions in RE
|Macey (Y10) for an excellent result in her Spanish written exam.
|Sadie (Y11) for consistent progress across all skills in Spanish.
It’s free to sign up to and start supporting us with both Amazon Smile and Give as you Live. Send our unique campaign links to friends and family so they can support us for free too!
Campaign link – https://smile.amazon.co.uk/ch/1027573-0
Campaign link – https://www.giveasyoulive.com/charity/bradford-christian-school
Our missionTo provide a holistic Christian education for all and to inspire discipleship.
Our VisionTo be a Christian community in which everyone grows in character, faith, knowledge, understanding and wisdom.
In my small group this week we were challenged to think of times we have been clearly carried by God. I spent some time looking back over the years and being thankful for times I felt the huge benefit of payer.
Having worked in an international transient school community for ten years, I learned a lot about trusting God to provide Christian staff. Often staff would come to the end of their two year contracts, and we could not envisage how we would replace them. Each time, God sent us new people with a slightly different shape, and the picture changed, but the school vision and mission remained the same. New people brought fresh ideas, energy, and input, and whilst the pace of change was tiring, it was also exhilarating.
We have a changing landscape at BCS right now, with some staff leaving and new ones coming. I ask those of you who pray to do so – for the people we know who will join us and those we have yet to meet, for those staying, those going and the students impacted by change.
The school mission and vision drive our appointments – finding Christian staff who love children and want to live out their faith in their work is not always easy. However, we continue to pray that God will send the right people.
Thanks to those of you who support us in many ways, especially those who pray and who promote our school so well. Many staff have come from community links